CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Audio Designer II - CNN (Project Position)Location New York, United States Job ID 166880BR Apply Now
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
A CNN Audio Operator is an essential member of the production team. You are well versed in the art of audio mixing and enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events. The primary production is within a studio environment, but remote operations are also in the realm of responsibilities.
This is a project position set to expire on June 28, 2019.
What will you be doing?
- The set-up, operation and skillful mixing for a variety of live and pre-produced productions
- Quality assurance for all audio sources and related components.
- Creative influence to enhance the production value with selection of music and/or other effects.
- Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders
- Advanced preparation including reviewing rundowns, equipment selection, facs and overall audio plan.
- Documentation and overall management of audio board show files and related elements.
What do we need from you?
Minimum experience requirements include:
- 1 to 3 years Industry experience mixing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
- Proficient with audio related components including intercom and ancillary equipment. (e.g. Enco, AZ Edit, Evertz routers)
- Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the audio field.
- Candidate should have awareness of a variety of audio boards.
- Significant industry experience directing in a live news environment and significant industry experience as a Technical Director in a live news environment.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS