CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Writer - CNN BusinessLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 171751BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
CNN Business is hiring an Associate Writer in CNN's New York headquarters to deepen its coverage of companies and brands. We need a dedicated and skilled journalist. The ideal candidate must love business news, with a strong desire to cover the companies and players that are leading the future of business. We are looking for a sharp focus in this role on consumer brands and the retail and food and beverage sectors. This is a beat about companies - their strategies, successes and failures. Candidates should be adept at covering breaking news and pitching enterprise and feature stories. They should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in global business, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
What do we need from you?
- BA preferred or equivalent education/training/experience
- 1-3 years digital experience
- Good knowledge of the technical aspects of business and financial news
- Must have sound editorial news judgement, an awareness of current business and finance news trends
- Excellent writing skills, strong communication skills, teamwork and team-building skills
- Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS