CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Writer - CNN BusinessLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 170593BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
We need a dedicated journalist to help us write, edit and oversee coverage of each day's most-talked-about business and markets stories. The ideal candidate must love business news, with a strong desire to cover how companies are changing the world, the companies and leaders that are at the forefront of innovation, and business strategy. They should be adept at pitching, covering and editing breaking news stories on a wide variety of business topics. They should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in Wall Street, board rooms and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
What do we need from you?
- BA preferred or equivalent education/training/experience
- Good knowledge of or passion for business and financial news
- 1-4 years digital experience
- Must have sound editorial news judgement, an awareness of current business and finance news trends, strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS