CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - Newsgathering, CNN (Legal Beat)Location New York, New York, United States Job ID 172386BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Associate Producer is responsible for general newsgathering and pitching enterprise story ideas. The AP helps develop pitches for both text and video stories and works alongside correspondents, producers and managers to create multi-platform content. Responsibilities include supporting producers and correspondents in all aspects of story research, newsgathering, shooting, editing and execution across tv and digital. The AP assists with logistics for field assignments and will be called on to produce reporter live shots, attend court hearings and news conferences. Real-time dissemination of news developments is critical. In this role, the associate producer will work on general news content with a strong focus on legal stories including civil and criminal court proceedings, lawsuits and trials. The position requires identifying, researching and locating individuals who can be the central character for stories, conducting pre-interviews as well as interviews. In pursuing breaking news stories, the AP confirms facts and gathers appropriate pictures, documents and research for production elements.
What do we need from you?
- Minimum of 2 years of journalism experience
- TV and digital video production experience
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Strong on-line research and video editing skills
- Strong knowledge of digital newsgathering and social media
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS