CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - Morning ProgrammingLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 167367BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Associate Producer for New Day works closely with show producers on several fronts. AP's track, edit and distribute elements for the program. They provide producers with support gathering material for segments, cut video elements and sound bites, help create graphics for segments. They are trained to write and edit short news pieces. AP's are responsible for coordinating live remotes and guests during the broadcast in the control room and are also the main playback operators in the control room for elements rolling live into the program. The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. AP's are also called on to code and create banners, and all of this work is done under extremely tight deadlines for five hours of morning news programming. The AP's work closely in the control room with writers, line producers and senior producers on choosing or producing sound bites, tease videos and VOs for live reads.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
- Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful
- Non-linear video editing experience also important
- Must demonstrate strong research skills
- Experience in live control room is a plus
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
- Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS