CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - Digital Productions, CNNLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 171822BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The CNN Digital Productions team is a group of multitalented, passionate producers dedicated to telling impactful stories. We produce premium digital video series and shows with an emphasis on OTT off-platform. These are stories for the modern news consumer, wherever they experience news, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today. The Job "Go There" is a single topic daily news show built for the next generation of news junkies. The show will air on the Facebook Watch platform and feature CNN's talent from around the globe. The program will be an innovation lab of sorts, allowing our producers and reporters to experiment with different styles, formats, and tools to engage the audience - all with mobile viewership in mind.
What will you be doing?
- Associate Producers for "Go There" will be working in a pressure-driven environment to produce a daily 10-minute news show for the Facebook Watch platform
- Associate Producers will help find compelling web video and pitch content to the editorial team
- They will be working in collaboration with senior producers, the social media team, assignment editors, and CNN correspondents from all over the world
- With exclusive content from the field and news-making interviews, we'll drive meaningful social conversation to the Facebook audience. From politics and the environment to identity and distinctive commentary, we'll discuss, interview and highlight the cultural, political and economic challenges impacting our lives
- Assist producers and senior producers with creative, content, and production
- Assist with scheduling and coordination among team members
- Research and screen materials, and review compliance with legal and standards requirements
- Participate in editing of final product whenever needed
- Coordinate with outside resources selected by producers
- Local field production possible.
What do we need from you?
- Ideal candidates will have 1-3 years of experience working in a news production environment
- Strong editorial judgement and awareness of competitor reach
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Basic editing skills preferred
- Ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to find new and engaging ways of presenting information
- A curiosity and drive to locate the most compelling video and photo content for segments
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- Social experience a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS