CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - Business NewsLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 167788BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
CNN's Business team is looking for a journalist eager to work with CNN's Chief Business Correspondent Christine Romans on a top morning show program.
- This person should be highly enthusiastic and willing to work on several fronts to build an intelligent, relevant and highly creative business news segments
- This individual will write segments for show teams including video elements, sound bites, and graphics. For the right candidate, this is the break you've been seeking.
- Must be highly creative with a strong interest in Business News
- Must demonstrate good research skills
- Internship or junior-level position in network television or major-market news production
- The candidate must be willing to work an overnight shift
- Familiarity with CNN video databases, such as Mediasource, is very helpful
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required
What do we need from you?
- Minimum of 3 years of journalism experience
- TV and digital video production experience
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Strong on-line research and video editing skills
- Strong knowledge of digital newsgathering and social media
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS