CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - AC360, CNNLocation New York, United States Job ID 162636BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Associate Producer for CNN's AC360 works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Associate Producer cuts soundbites and VOs, produces in-house packages, orders and creates graphics and cuts down pretaped interviews. He/she is responsible for calling elements in the control room. The AP is also responsible for pitching both package and guest ideas for the program, and helping producers with research for guest segments. He/she must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Associate Producer must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines. The AP will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases. Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
- Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful
- Non-linear video editing experience also important
- Must demonstrate strong research skills
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
- Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.