CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Anchor Producer (Writer/Producer) - Morning Programming, CNNLocation New York, United States Job ID 162637BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Writer/Producer for CNN's morning show, New Day, is responsible to producing segments and preparing anchors for live interviews on an overnight shift. Duties include preparing elements for segments including writing anchor intros, teases, cutting sound and producing graphics. Must be able to write and produce packages with a high-production value, effectively use video and graphics; and coordinate logistics for interviews. The position also involves conceptualizing, writing, and producing on-air scripts and digital extensions. The Writer/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that copy is urgent and direction of segments fit the show's mission. The employee may be required to travel on short notice and produce from the field. The Writer/Producer will be closely working with the anchor and may be required to travel and produce from the field.
What do we need from you?
- 2+ years producing experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
- Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.