Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Key Account Manager - DistributionJob ID 171749BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 70 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. Turner’s EMEA portfolio of kids, entertainment, sports and news brands includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Boing, adult swim, Toonami, Warner TV, TCM and TNT, CNN, Great Big Story, Bleacher Report and e-league, as well as our new venture Toonix, in partnership with HBO Nordic.
We are on a mission to Reimagine TV and disrupt our industry by turning viewers into highly engaged, loyal and unapologetic fans of the content we create and the deeply personal experiences we provide.
What you’ll be doing:
The Key Account Manager Distribution is responsible for managing Turner’s business relation with key distribution platforms in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Benelux. The Key Account Manager leads negotiations, provides negotiation support for major clients across the territory, identifies and evaluates opportunities for incremental revenue streams. A growing part of the role is to enter commercial partnerships for branded SVoD and direct-to-consumer OTT products. Please see below the key responsibilities:
- Establish good relationships and directly negotiate new deals as well as renewals with all relevant Pay-TV platforms across GAS and Benelux (DTH, cable, IPTV operators and OTT (Linear/VOD/SVOD) platforms)
- Maintain & grow existing b2b relationships for linear channel distribution while setting up a distribution ecosystem for new (and to be launched) direct-to-consumer OTT products
- Serve as first point of contact for key affiliate clients for all requests (Marketing opportunities, technical delivery etc.)
- Work closely with senior management to develop negotiation strategies for key deals
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities to generate new revenue streams
- Budget planning & financial forecasting for Distribution / Affiliate Sales business across GAS and Benelux
- Preparing presentations, subscriber reports, business cases and proposals for channel distribution for senior management
- Attend conferences and other events to support Turner’s presence and travel for client meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Significant experience in the broadcasting industry with focus on Affiliate Sales / Distribution
- Fluent in English and German
- Excellent negotiation skills
- In-depthknowledge in content licensing and respective rights
- Excellent knowledge of the German (Pay-)TV and digital media landscape
- Existing network of industry contacts across the GAS (+ Benelux) region
- Work experience in an international media company
- Good technical understanding
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS