Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical System AnalystLocation India - Mumbai Job ID 169685BR Apply Now
As our business continues to move to a consumer centric model the realisation of business requirements and transforming the way we work requires multiple teams, departments and countries to work together, evolve and collaborate for a successful outcome for Turner. With Technology and Operations as the underpinning providers of capabilities on which we launch and operate our services, we are the central point of coordination across multiple stakeholders and 3rd parties to ensure we define and implement the end to end solutions to deliver the capabilities required by our business. The Technical System Analyst plays a primary support role responsible for the development and support of applications for Turner APAC. The person should be a seasoned technical professional, providing critical support in troubleshooting software programming codes as well as ad-hoc application and/or report developments. Because he/she is expected to participate in application design and quality assurance testing in support of business and project needs, he/she will need to be able to have a deep working knowledge in one or more of our systems in order to become a fully qualified analyst. The TSA may work independently on support fixes and on small projects. On projects of greater size / criticality he/she will work under the guidance of Project Managers. The successful candidate will have a suitable mix of the required skill set defined below.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Technical Support – 30%
· Assist Lead System Analyst with daily technical support activities such as basic database administration, environment cloning, access administration, etc.
· Support customers by identifying and troubleshooting problem trends and working with internal or external subject matter experts to correct and proactively prevent further problems by developing and deploying software patch fixes, database tuning or other technical measures.
· Provide development assistance to business partners, analysts, project managers and\\or external consultants by writing, executing and maintaining data scripts and/or stored procedures.
· Create architecture diagrams, document processes and procedures, produce technical specifications and create presentations regarding database/server implementations and\\or enhancements.
· Support packaged and proprietary applications by responding to customer requests for assistance, documenting the problems and actions taken using appropriate tracking tools, coordinating with other team members as necessary to resolve the problem, and communicating resolution to the customer and other appropriate parties in a timely manner. May provide 24 hour on-call customer support, as necessary for critical production issues that occur outside normal business hours as notified by phone or page.
· Perform quality assurance testing and work with developers\\DBAs to manage data conversion including analysis of existing data, conversion process, and data verification for project implementations
2. Reporting – 30%
· Run, create, and\\ or develop system reports to provide information to the business unit\\ client that ensures the business unit has all the information it needs to make informed decisions in a timely manner and achieve competitive advantage.
· Make adjustments to existing reports to meet new or changing business needs.
· Meet with end users to identify reporting gaps. Write reports that fulfil identified business needs and train customers where necessary to run and write ad hoc reports.
3. Business Analysis – 25%
· Perform general business analysis activities on projects of medium size\\length\\risk, such as gathering and documenting business rules, user workflow, and system functional requirements.
· Create documents and presentations to prepare for the impact of application changes, enhancements, or implementations.
· Facilitate meetings with customers to determine and prioritize their business and system requirements for specific projects. Document and analyze requirements (e.g. business system, security, conversion, and report) to determine feasibility and recommend business process improvements where appropriate. Perform walkthroughs and/or prototype demonstrations.
· Work with software developers and\\or vendors to create functional design and document technical specifications.
· Support Project Manager with scope definition, cost/benefit analysis, and project plan. Provide analysis task time estimates. Prepare application release notes and distribute them to the customer.
4. Training and Development - 15%
· Participate in the creation, documentation, and delivery of training for custom or packaged applications; work with other team members to understand training requirements, application functionality, and documentation needs. Train customers on an individual or ad-hoc basis as needed.
· Perform training administration and classroom/material preparation as requested.
· Attend training and undertake self- initiated development activities for personal and career growth
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS