Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Animator (contract)Location Montreal, Quebec, Canada Job ID 176802BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
About WB Games Montreal<br><br>Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
- Skillset to create high quality animation assets for AAA Games that:
- Fit the style and aesthetic of the game
- Maintain the movement style of the game and character personalities
- Good communication skills to both fellow team members & other departments
(Programming, Tech, Production etc…)
- Ability to participate and offer creative input on assigned tasks
- Understanding of the Animation Pipeline and Workflow
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 3 + years of industry experience
- At least 1 published game preferably Xbox One or PS4
- Brings high level of artistic / animation accomplishment to the solution of artistic problems.
- Proven excellence in realistic hand keyed and mocap animation.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- 3D art degree with an emphasis in character keyframe animation or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred experience with: Maya & Motion Builder
- Experience in a game engine preferably Unreal.
- Excellent key frame and mocap animation skills.
- Good understanding of animation theory and technique.
- Good understanding of game development process and limitations.
- Experience and understanding of character and animation pipelines and character setup.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- A positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Portfolio/Demo Reel
- Referrals (If possible)
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS