Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Animation Technical DirectorLocation Montreal, Quebec, Canada Job ID 164426BR Apply Now
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an Animation Technical Director to Lead and direct the development technical aspects of the animation production pipeline including character, facial, mechanical animation rig set up.
· Direct and supervise the technical animation pipeline and all procedures, tools, and rigs to allow for a streamlined and efficient animation production pipeline.
· Co-lead with animation director the implementation of the motion capture in the animation pipeline.
· Must be able to collaborate closely with animation, design, engineering and game design for the integration of all animations, cinematic or scripted moments of the game.
· Must be able to act as the leader and point of contact for the technical animation group. ( recruitment, pipeline / processes, priorities, team management, quality of work )
· Must be able to work with programmers to evaluate, develop new or improved animation technologies for the game engine.
· Must be able to supervise / approve the integration of the rigs of character, weapons and complex objects in Maya / motion builder and UE4.
· Must be able to supervise / approve the tools and/or scripts to improve the speed and efficiency of the Animation team.
· Must be able to supervise / approve the process of integrating Maya/3DS Max/motion builder into the game engine.
· Be the owner of all of the content side when a technical problem arises.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
· 10+ years of experience in a technical position. Must have shipped multiples AAA titles as a senior / advanced technical animator.
· Excellent team work and leadership skills. Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually.
· Proficient with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine, 3ds Max, Maya, Motion Builder.
· Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines.
· Strong understanding of MEL/Python/Maxscript.or similar systems required.
· Experience and strong interest for the set up of facial animation
·Solid understanding of game animation development. ( process, industry standard )
· Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS