You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Spring 2020 Intern - CNNe (Miami) ProductionLocation Miami, Florida, United States Job ID 172878BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
- CNN en Español is a 24-hour Spanish language news network for the Latin America audience. CNN en Español provides continuous news reports of major world events and breaking news stories as and when they happen. CNN en Español features half-hour and hour newscasts throughout the day with an emphasis on hard news and feature programming. Features focuses on health, medicine, the environment, entertainment, and a number of other issues that are an integral part of the programming line-up.
- In production, the CNNE intern will become knowledgeable in learning how to set up a script with images and write using CNN's database
- Interns will learn how to use CNN's image database to locate images for packages and sound bites for air
- In the field, interns will have the opportunity to accompany producers on stories
- It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in "futures" meetings
- Interns may book and greet show guests and assist in basic administrative tasks
- Interns may have the opportunity to participate in how show ideas are developed, how images are gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective
- Interns may also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers
- Interns' schedules vary and may include week and weekend work
- Candidates should be fluent in Spanish and English and seeking a career in broadcast journalism
- Should be self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects
- Students must provide a resume and cover letter
- Students MUST be enrolled in school during the time of the internship
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship
- Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred)
- Interest in international news and newsgathering
- Multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset
- Knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS