Senior Tools ProgrammerLocation United Kingdom - Manchester Job ID 169192BR Apply Now
TT Games Studios Limited, a division of WB Games Inc. are seeking to recruit Senior Tools Programmer.
Join the team that makes building the LEGO games possible! Working together with Art, Animation and Design teams, you will help make cutting-edge editors and craft a great user experience for our Creative departments. The tools you forge will be used for building content for AAA games on all current platforms (including mobile and console) across the studios within the Tt group.
- Maintain and develop software for other departments.
- Maintain and develop automatic test suites for checking the quality of released tool chains.
- Develop release and distribution mechanisms allowing Art and Design Leads the control they want for handling the distribution of new tools technology.
- Assist with general game system code and server tool support.
- Minimise platform specific or special case code.
- Maximise re-use of code.
- Ensure that code is designed and written to be robust and stable with minimal bugs
- Ensure that code builds and any problems are resolved prior to committing.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of tools-related technologies.
- Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
- Debugging difficult problems.
- Support Lead Programmer in supplying cover where required.
- Assume responsibility for systems and be able to resolve problems when required.
- Identify deficiencies across systems maintained by the team.
- Assist Lead Programmer in designing architecture.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Provide coaching to Senior Programmers, Programmers and Junior Programmers where appropriate and with direction from the Lead Programmer.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Maths or related subject.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Knowledge of C#/WPF.
- Sound knowledge of 3D maths.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games Studios is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games Studios offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS