Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Lead Character RiggerLocation United Kingdom - Manchester Job ID 173522BR Apply Now
As a Lead Character Rigger on the team, you will be expected to creatively and technically lead the rigging team and work alongside Animators, Designers, Artists, Programmers and Production on a day-to-day basis. You will have the opportunity to work within the highly successful and creative Animation department producing high quality rigs and tools.
- Support all aspects of the Animation pipeline, with an emphasis on enabling the creative team with tools and control rigs, and overcoming technical and repetitive tasks.
- Manage and direct the Character Rigging team across projects so that the tools and rigs are created to a consistently high standard and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the Project Leads and Managers to schedule work and ensure that any requirements, such as character art assets and animation rigs are delivered in due time for animation.
- Advise Animation Heads of Department of resourcing requirements.
- Identify pipeline issues on a per project basis and design and implement relevant changes where appropriate.
- Identify repetitive tasks and create tools to aid the creative team to increase productivity.
- Ensure assets created are stored in appropriate data repositories.
- Ensure that all assets are well-organised and optimal at all times.
- Use commercial and in-house tools to integrate characters, rigs and tools into the project data, ensuring data is functional and to a high standard.
- Request and develop enhancements of in-house tools for the team and as per project requirements.
- Communicate issues to the Character Rigging team and all animators, both technical and creative as appropriate.
- Undertake relevant on the job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Overseeing recruitment of new employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Carrying out local inductions and probationary reviews for all new starters.
- Regularly reviewing employee performance through appraisals and regular one-to-ones to ensure performance targets and expected behaviours are delivered.
- Provide / arrange any required on the job training and coaching for the team.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to cover for absence and busy periods.
- Identifying and ensuring that all employee relation matters are dealt with in line with company policies and procedures, and in liaison with Human Resources.
- Delegating work to employees and monitoring output.
- Degree or equivalent in Animation or related filmmaking.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience managing a team.
- Collaborative and enabling attitude.
- Comfortable working with large teams of animators.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya.
- Familiar with Unity and/or UnReal Engine.
- Excellent understanding of Animation and Rigging principles, and the ability to practically utilise that understanding within Maya.
- Excellent understanding of MEL or Python scripting languages.
- C++ a strong advantage.
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS