Game ProgrammerLocation United Kingdom - Manchester Job ID 169284BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
The Gameplay Team work alongside designers, gameplay artists, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to implement the level and hub designs on the license based LEGO games. Upon joining, you will be assigned to a senior programmer on a team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through our code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible. The project you will be on will be an unannounced major IP based LEGO game built on a new engine currently in development. This gives you the chance to be involved in the new engine from day one, influencing its design and implementation. On a daily basis, you may be expected to:
- Work with animators, artists and designers to implement a level design.
- Provide creative input from a technical perspective in to the level design.
- Using Utility AI, implement friendly party AI.
- Using Utility AI, Implement enemy AI.
- Using Utility AI, Implement Boss AI.
- Implement bespoke Lego.
- Write reusable systems to help implement the above.
- Construct the streaming framework for the open world hubs.
- Create reusable and bespoke quests for the open world hubs.
- Create gameplay systems for the hubs (Races, Quests, LEGO Combos, Teleportation mechanic etc).
- Create bespoke mini-games.
- Use C++ and the scripting language to achieve the above.
- Write GUI systems.
- Implement achievements, trophies, and rich presence.
- Make the game FUN!
- Demonstrably strong talent for programming game-play and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good.
- Passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators and designers; supporting their developing day-to-day needs for game-play technology and associated tools.
- A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
- Mentor Junior Programmers.
- Analyse the design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in the games industry.
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS