WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Desktop Support TechnicianLocation United Kingdom - Manchester Job ID 173760BR Apply Now
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for supporting the studio’s staff’s technology needs. This is a technology-focussed environment so demands on the support team tend to be more technical than in other industries.
- First line support including handling requests and general troubleshooting.
- Managing work through the ticketing system.
- Assembling and repairing end user hardware.
- Management of end user software, drivers, etc.
- Setup, update, and fault diagnosis of console platforms and development kits.
- Working with the asset management system to maintain the inventory and allocate software licenses.
- Assisting with basic network management such as patching and maintain switches.
- Administration of user accounts, mailing list and permissions.
- Maintaining end user and IT team documentation.
- Assisting with maintaining security standards and policies.
- Working with other team members on issue resolution.
- Collaborating with other IT staff on larger projects.
- Resolution of security vulnerabilities.
- Any other ad-hoc IT duties that may be required to provide an effective and efficient service.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Support desk level knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Excellent fault-finding and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell.
- Knowledge of management of user accounts in Active Directory.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, where multiple demands on your time may arrive simultaneously.
- Able to work well in a team environment on both shared and solo assignments.
- Ability to build desktop PCs from hardware components.
- Understanding of basic network technologies.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Experience of ITIL or the Games Development industry would be an advantage.
- MacOS and Jamf experience is desirable.
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS