Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Sales and Production (Drama)Location Spain - Madrid Job ID 173800BR Apply Now
You will be responsible for managing the development, sales, production and delivery of the scripted TV output of the company and supporting producers in delivering the highest quality programming. You will ensure that the slate is strong enough to secure pre-sales financing from Spain and international distributors to ensure programmes are properly funded and produced to the highest editorial standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and produce Drama projects that are commercially viable, creatively ambitious and professionally produced
- Along with the Managing Director, identify and agree the development and commercial strategy of the Scripted business incorporating an understanding of a wider strategic goals of WBITVP and the requirements of the local market and international TV markets
- Maintain good relationships with relevant broadcasters, Directors of Programming, Heads of Drama and fully understand the needs of the market
- Overall responsibility for strategy and execution pitching concepts and projects to broadcasters, securing development funding from them and other sources of funding
- Work closely with Producers, Business Director and Head of Production to agree paid development budgets and full production budgets as projects are commissioned and then develop financing plans incorporating local pre-sales, international pre-sales and distribution forecasts as appropriate
- Responsible for managing and allocating the scripted development budget including staffing and option payments
- Work closely with Legal and Business Affairs on talent and commissioning agreements
- Communicate closely the WBITVP team on development slates and projects in production
To be successful in this role, we believe you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role(s) is essential
- A proven track record of delivering (and selling) high quality scripted projects within the territory is essential
- A proven track record of delivering (and selling) projects as co-productions or pre-sales within the Spain and LATAM region is essential
- Good relationships with broadcaster commissioning teams and the local creative production community are crucial
- Experience of managing scripted development, production slate and creative teams is essential
- An understanding of the international co-production and distribution markets is required
- Good working knowledge of talent, commissioning and development contracts would be an advantage
- Good English skills, both written and spoken, are required
- Good relationships with on screen talent and agents would be an advantage
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS