CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer - Investigative Unit, CNNLocation Los Angeles, California, United States Job ID 170812BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
Seek truth. Break news. Hold the powerful accountable. That's the mission of CNN's investigative team. We dig into topics of national interest, including criminal and social justice issues, the environment, health care, public and private corporations, government integrity, and border and immigration matters. We produce investigations for digital and broadcast. We tell original stories that have helped prompt change and right wrongs. Our stories can be in-depth projects that take months to pursue, but they can also be quick-turn investigations or enterprise pieces that emerge from the news. The right candidate for this job will be equally adept at covering high-pressure, rapidly unfolding news events and diving into in-depth, complex investigations. We're looking for a reporter well versed in public records and creative in finding solutions to reporting obstacles. The position requires an energetic, self-sufficient multitasker who is eager to work collaboratively. This reporter should be skilled in developing strong story pitches and managing projects efficiently. Above all, the job requires a critical eye and uncompromising commitment to facts, fairness and integrity. We are eager to consider candidates from a wide range of backgrounds within news reporting. Our team is based in multiple cities. We prefer reporters to be located in our New York, Washington D.C., Atlanta, or Los Angeles bureaus, but remote work may be possible for the right candidate.
What do we need from you?
- The ability to find, report and produce groundbreaking stories that advance the mission of our unit
- The skills and willingness to switch gears between high-adrenaline breaking news and long-term, in-depth pursuits
- Commitment to accuracy, fairness and integrity above all else
- Ability to manage time and resources wisely
- Ability to travel
- Flexibility and willingness to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
- BA/BS in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of editorial experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS