CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer, Breaking NewsLocation Los Angeles, California, United States Job ID 170566BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on , and .
From daily politics to extreme weather, the Now team covers what's happening in real-time for a highly engaged web and mobile audience. We are seeking an experienced, hands-on journalist who will help us cover major events by writing and editing short news items, curating moments from television and gathering the best, network-cleared social media. This role will be responsible for coverage on nights and weekends.
This jack-of-all-trades should thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure and on deadline, have good news judgement and be a true team player.
- We want someone who has voice, verve, and vision, who has an insatiable appetite for breaking news and can easily familiarize with the major players in any breaking story
- They should have an ability to track constantly changing and emerging newsmakers and storylines.
- This person may also assist in writing short separate stories on breaking news and trending topics.
- You must be available to work nights and weekends
- This Position can be in LA, Atlanta, or NYC, based on your location
- You should have a genuine love of breaking news and a curiosity and passion of how it travels across the internet -- from social, to alerts.
- You should be technically proficient, familiar with Twitter, and not afraid to learn new software, websites or tools.
- You should be a sharp writer with a general familiarity of AP style.
- You should know how to write a headline, and a sharp, precise paragraph that captures the essence of the story.
- Experience working with and around Breaking News stories is a MUST
- You should know how to identify a key photo or moment in video and be comfortable with basic photo and video editing.
- Flexibility with your schedule, to account for major breaking news events, is vital to this role.
- At least 3 or more years of digital storytelling experience.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for
- 2018 Best Company for
- An to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS