Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Network EngineerLocation Los Angeles, California, United States Job ID 168763BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia, whose businesses include HBO, Warner Bros, Turner and Otter Media is a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks, film, TV entertainment and direct to consumer offerings and uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide through multiple distribution outlets.
WarnerMedia Group (formerly Time Warner Inc.) was acquired by AT&T in June 2018, a world leader in communications, media and entertainment, and technology. With the acquisition of Time Warner, AT&T is building a truly modern media company that will create the best entertainment and communications experiences in the world.
- The Senior Engineer plans, designs and implements high performance, highly secure, internet protocol networks to provide global connectivity between all Time Warner and business division (HBO, Turner and Warner Brothers) locations to both private and public cloud resources and services.
- Provide Tier 3/escalation support to all data networking equipment within the production environment.
- The Senior Engineer will participate in architectural reviews, design specifications, lab validations and vendor selections.
- The Senior Engineer is expected to create high quality diagrams and documentation for design, implementation and support processes
- Play a major role in the design and implementation of complex network architectures.
- Assist with Installing network equipment and software components related to the operations of Time Warner's wired and wireless network, including monitoring and system performance tools.
- Assist in the design and support of network architectures for digital distribution of high-quality video content within the company and to vendors/partners.
- Develop strategies for performance tuning and capacity planning for the existing network.
- Periodically review Network documentation to ensure both accuracy and completeness.
- Correct documentation if needed or create new documents if required.
- Lead complex IT operations troubleshooting activities requiring in-depth knowledge of all the technology domains Assist operations team with troubleshooting of network connectivity issues and participate in network outages as a tier 3 support Use monitoring tools, protocol analyzers and cable testers to troubleshoot, diagnose and identify failing/failed networking components.
- Assist in evaluation of new infrastructure technology and services recommended by architecture team. Evaluate, test and recommend hardware, software and diagnostic tools.
- Review Security notifications, either from our security group, vendor or management on any vulnerability found on our production networking components and draft remediation plan.
- 10 years of global network engineering and operations
- In-depth experience with Cisco, F5 and Palo Alto
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Computer Science or Physical Sciences
- CCIE (R/S, Data Center, Security) and/or CISSP Products: Cisco routers, Nexus 9k/7k switches, HP switches, Cisco and Aruba WLAN, Clear Pass Policy Manager, F5 load balancers, Palo Alto firewalls, Riverbed, HPOV/CA Spectrum, Infoblox
- Required Protocols: IPv4, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, QoS, IEEE 802.1 and 802.3 standards, VPN, SNMP, DNS, Virtual Port Channels, OTV/LISP.
- Desirable Experience: Multicast/PIM, Public Cloud (AWS/Azure), IPv6, MPLS/LDP/RSVP-TE, Software Defined Networking, Network Functions Virtualization, Programming (Python, Ruby, C/C++) degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS