CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Director, Production-Original ProgrammingLocation Los Angeles, California, United States Job ID 171173BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Director, Production will act as the network representative between production companies and commissioned filmmakers throughout production process. The Director, Production will manage production and deliverables for CNN Original Series, CNN Films, and HLN Original Series and act as the network representative between production companies and commissioned filmmakers throughout production process. The Director, Production will directly oversee all aspects of the production process; including, financial approval process, budgeting, logistics, deliverables, all elements of production and the PSA.
- Responsible for all technical and administrative aspects of production in assigned areas.
- Will ensure productions meet network creative, technical and business goals.
- Will serve as a liaison between multiple departments across the network (marketing, programming, risk management, finance and legal departments).
- Will negotiate and implement CNN's production/budget notes into producer, supplier and partner studios' production schedules, budgets and plans in a manner that ensures delivery of projects in line with network's creative expectations.
- Will be responsible for all production reports.
- Communicate between production companies and commissioned filmmakers throughout production process.
- Oversee the financial approval process for program development with Turner Finance.
- Assess all budgets in the development process with the external production companies to ensure standards and that they're all in compliance with Turner Finance policies.
- Keep track of all PSA and license agreements in conjunction with BA to keep production precedence and streamline the development process.
- Assist BA in the negotiating process with our PSA regarding budgeting, scheduling, production requirements and any other issues that may arise during the time.
- Gather and manage the distribution of new internal processes as they pertain to the development of new series and films (i.e. file sharing, archival management, distribution and sales collateral acquirement, etc.).
- Update appropriate parties of changes to creative content, schedules and priorities.
- 5+ years producing experience in cable, national or major media markets
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- High level organizational skills, ability to prioritize and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS