Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Development Manager - Movie HubLocation Los Angeles, California, United States Job ID 167756BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
Based in Los Angeles, the Development Manager supports the Director of Development in sourcing content for the Movie Hub project by assessing submissions and organizing creative feedback in liaison with the Buenos Aires team.
Movie Hub is an original content initiative. Embracing Turner’s vision of delivering to the fandom, we’re creating movies for targeted audiences, including horror, thriller, romantic comedy, teen, and family focused content. Our team are based in Los Angeles and Buenos Aires, where we produce filmmaker driven, high concept English language films, on contained budgets.
The individual will be expected to:
- Assess submissions and contribute to development process.
- Read scripts, screen films and write coverage assessing their strengths and weaknesses and giving a recommendation regarding development within the scope of the Movie Hub project.
- Attend weekly development meeting to discuss assigned projects with Development team. For specific projects, compile final notes on behalf of Turner to be distributed directly to creative teams.
- Participate in communication of Development team's notes/feedback to writers/filmmakers, including in-person liaising.
- Contribute to sourcing of content. Development networking to solicit scripts and projects from agents, talent management, writers, filmmakers and producers.
- Contribute to packaging in-house developed projects.
- Put together pitch decks and one-sheets to be used for the pitching of in-house developed projects to distributing and financing companies. Supervise project workflow through project management system.
- Ensure project status is up to date in project management system.
- Take on Project Manager's workflow-related tasks during Project Manager's absence.
- Manage records for green-light process.
- Liaise with Production regarding workflow for green-lit projects, ensuring the transition is seamless.
- ~4-6+ years’ experience in script coverage.
- Experience or studies in content analysis.
- General knowledge and passion for TV and film.
- Understanding of film in general and script structure in particular.
- ~3 years' experience in entertainment industry coordinating schedules, fostering agency contacts, interfacing with people and carrying out operational follow-up tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in research and comprehensive report writing.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS