CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
WriterLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 161970BR Apply Now
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The Writer is responsible for writing on CNNMoney with Maggie Lake. The Writer takes on a leading editorial role by writing scripts and preparing show-specific segments.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- The Writer is responsible for the segments assigned
- Determining which stories will be presented in a newscast and how those stories will be presented.
- Writing according to CNN’s conversational style and ensure content is engaging, that it is optimised for sharing and at the cutting edge of digital storytelling.
- The Writer must deliver segments assigned to him/her by the producer and coordinate the efforts of the writers and PA's who assist in the programme production when they are producing.
- Must know and understand news and business stories, and what treatments the stories deserve for CNNMoney with Maggie Lake
- Spending a large part of the shift studying wires and interacting with the assignment desk, supervisors and the show team to determine just how CNNI will be covering and presenting stories each day.
- Thorough knowledge of international news, business news and regional affairs.
- Substantial experience in broadcast journalism
- Experience working to a style guide is required
- Self-starter, with a history of delivering exceptional results
- Good communication skills
- Ideas generation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to make fast, tough decisions
- Able to work under pressure
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.