Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Systems ArchitectLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 168335BR Apply Now
The role will be the product owner of our International supply chain management systems, specifically BeBanjo. Devising new ways of working and constantly reviewing and improving workflows to drive successful implementation of Turner’s products and documenting where applicable. Working with key people across Technology & Operations and the wider business there is a requirement to drive operational solutions within a technical environment, test and roll out new workflows aligned with Turner’s strategy for new products/services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Influencing key stakeholders across our international media supply chain and OTT business to define solutions and drive change, innovation and efficiency
- Drive the creation of new operation and technology-based workflows within the supply chain to support Turner’s current and future needs generally but also with a focus on new products, ensuring alignment between T&O and the wider business
- Trouble-shoot and resolve technical issues related to scheduling software, transcoding software, subtitling software, delivery formats and processes
- Onboard new platforms, ensuring technical delivery specification is understood, tested and accepted to established timelines and that internal workflows and systems are set up
- Embed workflows and implement into BAU via business change management. Work closely with Operations and Programming teams to plan content fulfilment of Linear, VOD and OTT platforms, from content sourcing through content delivery. Work with Implementation Specialist to communicate changes and ensure successful rollout and ongoing support
- Collaborate with Turner International (EMEA, APAC, LatAM) on developing and improving the media and metadata supply chains to help grow Turner’s D2C businesses
- Work with the Director of OTT Technology to optimise the OTT Media Supply Chain. Review and maintain the Media Supply Chain Architecture document to log and identify areas for improvement
- Attend service reviews for OTT management systems to ensure outages or failures are tackled swiftly and downtime is kept to minimum
- Technical Operations experience within a busy media environment essential. Working with scheduling and workflow tracking software, supporting digital projects / content delivery, stakeholder management
- Knowledge: File based workflows, workflow implementation, MAM workflows, Transcode software, subtitle editing software
- Technical and Business: Data mapping, System config, knowledge of APIs and Markup Languages: XML / JSON / HTML / CSS. Advanced MS Excel skills
- Self-sufficient and organised, flexible, ability to prioritise appropriately and work to tight timescales
- Ability to make decisions at short notice and use creative judgement when necessary
- Good working knowledge of Video transcoding, playback, digital rights management including audio and subtitle
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Excitingly, we are moving to brand new offices in Old Street in Autumn 2019, close to Shoreditch and Hoxton, the move offers a fresh new working environment for all employees!
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS