Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Studio Operations Placement - CNNLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 174085BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
CNN's London based Studio Operations team assume responsibility for the entire technical process of news and features programming (both live and pre-recorded) out of our London Bureau.
As part of the control room team the Studio Operations Intern will have an amazing opportunity to work closely with our London based technical teams, CNN’s Anchors and editorial show teams working in a real time to ensure all our programming on air needs are supported. The role will be working across a number of different areas including helping direct, vision mix, run audio, comms and graphics on shows that are outputted from London as well as acting as a liaison between the editorial and engineering teams.
You will help assist in a cutting-edge news bureau by staffing MCR, our flash studio as well as managing or operating the graphics position.
The position of Studio Operations Assistant allows someone with real passion but little industry exposure to gain hands on experience and learn to CNN’s high standards to become technically competent and skilled to work in a fast-paced control room.
What do we require from you:
- You will be studying or have recently completed a media related qualification. We will also consider other equivalent experience
- You must have a keen interest and knowledge of global news and current affairs
- You’ll have an interest in technology and current trends in the industry
- You are able to communicate effectively and remain calm when under pressure
- Must be highly motivated, organized, and has a real want to achieve
- You will be flexible on working hours as the programming in London never stops
- You must possess an interest in global news and a real desire to learn new technologies, being flexible in getting your hands dirty and having a having a “can do attitude” is key as you will be expected to work in other areas of CNN as required.
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please click hereto view more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS