Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Service Excellence ManagerLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 161550BR Apply Now
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
The Service Excellence Manager is part of the Turner Technology & Operations team. This team provides operational and technical expertise to Turner’s Kids and General Entertainment teams throughout EMEA.
The Service Management team is responsible for coordinating T&O’s in-house and outsourced services across EMEA, this includes overseeing elements of strategy, design, transition, operations and continual service improvement. Supported by the T&O’s management team, the Service Excellence Manager will manage Turner’s day-to-day relationships with service providers to ensure they perform to the SLAs and provide added value.
The successful candidate will be analytical and able to grasp the operational workflows as well as be able to push forward recommendations to improve the operational models. They will be a strong communicator and will have the ability to convey relatively complex technical concepts. They will have the ability to multi-task across numerous activities and organise data in a consistent way. They will be a keen innovator and challenger of the status-quo.
This position will require occasional travel to Europe and out-of-hours engagement.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Principal point of contact for Turner’s broadcast, VOD and OTT service providers. Oversee day-to-day running of these services and drive effective delivery. Ensure value is added by service providers. Enable Turner to scale whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs. Re-engineer our workflows and our 3rd party agreements to lock down cost effective prices and operating models for our channels’ playout and distribution. Enhance our broadcast and media supply chain workflows and integration to be better placed to optimise ad-revenue, use of promotional airtime and competitive scheduling. Develop our cloud playout solution for advertising insertion and widen our distribution foot print across key territories.
- Monitor KPIs, track the services’ performance against SLAs to ensure that services are delivered to the highest levels. Track service credits. Track issues and problems, identify trends. Build comprehensive service reports and presentations for consumption by the executive teams. Work with internal and external support teams to manage issues through to resolution. Manage change requests. Manage our service providers’ purchase ordering processes: raise POs, track the delivery of the services, receipt PO accordingly and track invoicing disputes.
- Support the business with new services launches. Support the timely provision of services and, where required, liaise with legal and finance. Understand new and ongoing business requirements, ensuring the service providers’ propositions adequately reflect requirements. Stabilise and scale our VOD/Syndication/OTT capability.
- Ensure our workflows with service providers are fit for purpose. Partner with the business to understand ongoing requirements and strive for continuous improvement. Maintenance of the network business continuity and disaster recovery plans including the planning and execution of a twice-yearly rehearsal. Enable Business process automation for all repetitive, transactional tasks.
- Support the playout re-procurement, support the migration to a “distribution ready” workflow, support the introduction of a content and metadata aggregator, re-engineer operational and technical supply chain workflows.
- Focus on operational excellence, based on optimum performance and cost control.
- Accountable for the correct invoicing from our service providers
- Accountable for reducing our costs where possible as well as increase the depth & breadth of our services
- Accountable for keeping track of day-to-day issues and escalate as required
- Accountable for communicating status and progress with the ops and delivery teams
Knowledge and experience required
- Advanced skills in data manipulation in Excel, business process analysis, and service management
- Ability to self-manage, be self-sufficient, organised, flexible and to prioritise appropriately
- Strong communication skills at all levels and drive solutions
- Prior experience in operations or projects within a busy media or IT environment
- Some understanding of budgets, some experience with data analytics
- Knowledge of VOD and Playout processes
- Degree or equivalent
- Fluency in a second language
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.