Senior Software Developer, CNNLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 167957BR Apply Now
Software developer is an exciting engineering position at CNN that is responsible for providing high-quality development and support of solutions across premium brands. Projects for this position include streaming video, template-driven publishing, design implementation, prototyping, social media integration, automated syndication of content and web analytics. The technologies are leading-edge and the environment is agile, fast-paced and large-scale web-based development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating GraphQL and RESTful web services/ API's using Node.js with or without framework assistance
- Develop dynamic and data driven solutions for web, testing, debugging, integration, documentation and deployment in accordance with industry best practices
- Participate in workflow design and analyze existing production and implementation processes
- Assist in maintaining operational queue and backlogs
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective solutions
- Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance assignments
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow / process improvements, provide input to overall architectural standards, development tools, and development initiatives
- Must be able to implement solutions within the context of the available infrastructure, considering scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with responsive designs
- Thorough understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations
- Practical working experience with ReactJS and tools/frameworks such as Redux, WebPack, as well as NodeJS
- Functional experience with distributed source control 'Git', continuous integration, and automated testing
- Knowledge of 'Docker'
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail
What’s on offer:
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS