CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Digital Analyst - Cartoon Network & BoomerangJob ID 171840BR Apply Now
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 70 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries.
It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. Turner’s EMEA portfolio of kids, entertainment, sports and news brands includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Boing, adult swim, Toonami, Warner TV, TCM and TNT, CNN, Great Big Story, Bleacher Report and e-league, as well as our new venture Toonix, in partnership with HBO Nordic.
We are on a mission to Reimagine TV and disrupt our industry by turning viewers into highly engaged, loyal and unapologetic fans of the content we create and the deeply personal experiences we provide.
Turner’s Data and Consumer Insights is a growing team responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Turner’s consumers through data and analytics. We apply those insights to ensure our consumers are put in the centre during the development of incredible experiences across all touchpoints including our ever increasingly important digital products and services.
We are looking for a Senior Digital Analyst who is passionate about data and entertainment, who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and who is energized to lead the digital transformation journey for Turner in EMEA.
The Senior Analyst will support the digital function of the Data and Consumer Insights team and will be responsible for dashboard creation, data visualisation and automation of reporting for Turner digital platforms and products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in leading a data transformation across the business. This involves ensuring adoption of our BI tool, Looker and managing the status and progress of data ingestion into Looker working closely with our Digital Ventures & Innovation (DVI) team. You will also be the key point of contact for digital training questions across the data & consumer insights team and stakeholders as we transform to a more data centric company and self-service model.
- Build, maintain and automate reports, dashboards, and tracking metrics to monitor the performance of our products and support product launches using tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Distribute monthly reporting with relevant insights across Web, Apps, and YouTube with the assistance of our digital intern.
- As we change our Adobe Analytics implementation across all our websites, work closely with DVI to flag tracking issues, change reporting as necessary, and monitor performances before and after.
- Carry out deep dive analysis of digital platforms (e.g. Web, YouTube, FB, OTT, Apps etc.), including investigating Turner kids brands and competitive performance (using Tubular, Similarweb, and Sensor Tower) and identifying potential improvements and opportunities for the business.
- Responsible for site and apps analytics and continual improvements of the digital experience (business case development, analytics, testing and measurement plans).
- On top of the latest industry trends across digital as well as competitive performance through tools such as SimilarWeb, Apptopia/Sensor Tower, and Tubular.
- Develop analysis on YouTube to monitor performance and aid in content enhancements.
- Delivery of digital analysis to inform decisions on audience selection, content selection and promotion, marketing optimization, consumer experience, product development.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills to educate business partners and brands on digital experiences and ensure alignment across divisions on KPIs for metrics
What we’re looking for:
- Proven working experience (in a similar role), preferably for an online entertainment media/subscription/publishing company
- Passionate about media content and brands, preferable around kids’ content
- Proficient with analytical tools supporting web analysis, reporting, and visualization (Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics, Looker and/or Tableau, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Social listening tools, Excel)
- Proficient with competitive intelligence tools such as SimilarWeb, Tubular, Sensor Tower or Apptopia preferred.
- Excellent statistical intuition, application, and knowledge of various analytical approaches
- Ability to operate independently, prioritize/manage multiple and time sensitive projects simultaneously, and adapt to change in a fast-paced online entertainment environment.
- High level of curiosity to explore the “why” behind the data, a passion for all digital experiences, and a commitment to growing and developing as a researcher
- Strong detail-orientation with strong focus on data accuracy
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
What’s on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are currently based in Soho, however we are moving to new offices in Old Street in Autumn 2019.
To find out how Turner gives back to the communities we work in, take a look here
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS