CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
ProducerLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 161075BR Apply Now
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The CNNMoney Producer is responsible for pitching, writing and producing content which airs across the CNN business programs, the wider CNN International network and our CNNMoney Digital Platforms.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Working on business news packages/videos, interviews and the set up/production of live events.
- Working with our superb team of CNNMoney reporters and anchors from around the world. They will need to collaborate on these stories and segments.
- The producer may also be asked to write across our business news programs.
- The successful candidate will be a skilled producer who can pitch, script and produce creative and engaging stories.
- This person must be able to work independently and quickly, seeing ideas through the CNN editorial process and creating content regularly for our business shows and the network.
- Field production experience is also preferred given the need to produce live events in the regular course of business.
- Thorough knowledge of international news and regional affairs
- Substantial experience in broadcast journalism
- Self-starter, with a history of delivering exceptional results
- Good communication skills
- Ideas generation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to make fast, tough decisions
- Able to work under pressure
- Given the need to write for our live business programs when the need arises, experience in show writing would be advantageous.
- Proven business news experience is advantageous.
- Knowledge of regional languages welcomed.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Please note that this is for a 12-month fixed term position.