Producer, Digital VideoLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 176187BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
CNN’s Digital Video News team creates digital-first content for all CNN platforms, spanning everything from short and arresting breaking news pieces to in-depth explainers, features and distinctive reporting. Our aim is to bring the international news agenda to a digital audience with visual content that reflects CNN’s mission, to be the world’s most essential, reliable and engaging global destination for what’s happening in our world today. Whether it’s natural disasters and elections, immigration, the climate crisis or news-making cultural events, we tell human-centered stories across the full gamut of CNN’s editorial verticals, with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
The Producer will be a key member of the CNN video organization, developing and producing video content that will resonate across all CNN’s digital platforms and on off-platform products like YouTube and Apple News. This role will primarily be responsible for international news coverage, including business and politics. This producer will work closely with the Senior Producer of News and CNN’s international newsgathering teams to bring our world’s most important issues to a digital audience. An interest in the bigger picture and commissioning as well as producing would be an asset to someone in this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching, writing, producing, shooting and editing
- Working collaboratively across the organization and throughout the world to cover breaking news and important issues.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and international correspondents to partner and produce digital content
- Supporting the Senior Producer of News in daily assignments and supervision
- Monitoring breaking news, live events and search/social trends
- Shooting video in-house and in the field for breaking news and news features
- Experimenting with new video formats on multiple platforms to reach a new audience
- Coordinating with writers, producers and correspondents across CNN bureaus around the world
What we’re looking for:
- Talented video-storyteller with a passion for international news
- Previous experience of working in an international or major media market
- Understanding of news values and a love for journalism
- Experience reporting and fact-checking stories and characters
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of current industry-standard video equipment (Example: FS7)
- Expertise in post-production software such as Adobe Premiere or similar
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require
- An additional language will be beneficial but not essential
What’s on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 28 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are currently based in Soho, however we are moving to new offices in Old Street in March 2020.
Posting date: 17th February 2020
Closing date: 16th March 2020
Location: Soho/ Old Street, London
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS