Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
PR & Comms ManagerLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 172917BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (Warner Bros. Studios/Warner Bros.), a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company, is the global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses. Warner Bros., a WarnerMedia Company, stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry, from feature films to television, home video/DVD, animation, comic books, interactive entertainment and games, product and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
The Harry Potter Global Franchise Development team is a corporate group based in both London and Burbank, charged with high level management of the relationship with J.K. Rowling and delivery of a one-company, lifecycle marketing approach to the management of the Harry Potter franchise globally.
What part will you play?
You will support the management of comms and PR for the Wizarding World, reporting into the Senior Comms Manager. The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the ongoing development of the global PR plan, ensure a constant and positive flow of stories and news about the brand and its values in international media, focussed on UK and US, making sure that the editorial conversations in all media channels are about the Wizarding World as an encompassing brand and a lifestyle. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Support the development of an ongoing PR strategy to represent the WW in the media according to its values and business wide strategies that engage the media as well as the consumers with the WW.
- Develop an expert understanding of all WW-related properties and values, including knowledge of the related rights and franchise sensitivities in order to be able to contribute to the development of an overarching comms and PR plan for the WW.
- Build strong relationships to departmental and territorial comms and PR staff, review materials and give approvals and help build an aligned PR strategy cross-divisionally and worldwide.
- Support Senior Comms Manager with comms crisis prevention and alerting the team to issues.
- Monitor worldwide media and build reports for wider team, stakeholders and senior management.
- Support key stakeholders by building an ongoing relationship and working with the Senior Manager on joint PR plans.
- Support on the development of PR and Comms guidelines for divisions and territories to ensure staff there are educated on the comms and PR strategy for WW and executes it accordingly.
- Maintain and evolve the Franchise PR playbook, including archiving of all press releases and approved statements, and boiler plates, updating of the master background briefing document etc
- Manage PR agencies working on projects throughout the year.
- Be a point of contact for all HPGFD team members providing expertise and information relating to press activities across the franchise in all key divisions and territories.
- Solid experience in a franchise or global brand comms and PR role.
- Extremely effective and tactful communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience managing complex multifaceted projects with exceptional project management skills.
- Prior experience managing multiple complex stakeholders with a high level of emotional intelligence and a demonstrated ability to work well across key partners.
- Expert knowledge of creating and implementing comms and PR strategies – across all media channels, including online, social and influencers.
- Demonstrable existing familiarity with the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts books/films.
- Previous international experience.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS