CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Newsdesk Researcher, CNNJob ID 171809BR Apply Now
The ideal candidate will have a passion for constantly searching for new investigative leads and new stories that could require extensive research, groundwork and investigation. You will have strong organizational skills and are meticulous in keeping track of several things at once with an eye for news so managers can be quickly alerted.
Please be aware applications for this position closes on 1st September.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively digs for leads that will keep our platforms competitive – both in terms of breaking new stories and breaking new lines during ongoing stories.
- Digs for fresh news stories and flags important stories/developments on high-profile stories.
- Organized, meticulous, tenacious and able to forensically dig through extensive documents to find investigative threads.
- Able to multi-task and work on both short-term and long-term projects with reporters and desk/digital editors.
- Monitors and researches developing news stories or topics, images, as directed by Seniors or to support reporters, desk/digital editors and field.
- Ingests, logs and transcribes images directed, responsible for metadata and liaises with library and picture sources to obtain, clear and enter video to enhance our storytelling across all platforms.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in journalism or related studies
- Proven research and investigative experience.
- Organized, pays attention to detail, able to multi-task on projects.
- Experienced user of social media
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Collaborative, with excellent communication skills
- Technically adept
- Self-starter, innovative and creative
- Knowledge of international affairs
- Full-time role in a media environment
- Language skills (Bi-lingual)
- Digital skills
- Some international experience/travel
What’s on offer:
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS