WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Media Supply Chain Technology PlacementLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 174424BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
Have you ever wondered how a television programme is distributed all over the world in many languages, and made suitable to be watched on both a large living room screen and phone at the same time? We call this the Media Supply Chain and the Media Technology Systems (MTS).
The MTS team are the technical engineering department, involved in solving complex technical problems to make this possible. The MTS team look after a large array of systems involved in the media supply, covering a number of computer operating systems.
As a Media Supply Chain Technologies intern, you will gain an understanding of the technology and processes used to modify this content for local markets. You will learn about secure file transfers, editing, file format changes for different devices, in addition to how we process all media files including dubbing to local languages, adding subtitles and audio description to make our content suitable for all fans across the world. As a Media Supply Chain Technologies intern you will:
- Support the migration of content to new playout centres
- Support the testing of new workflows and processes for a new scheduling system
- Help to resolve issues with content & workflows for all types of content, problem solving and escalating problems as and when required
- Provide support to team on relevant Project work
- Act as the main point of contact with other departments, feeding information back where relevant and attending meetings as an MTS representative
- An interest to learn about the Media Industry and computing.
- Is a problem solver.
- Is familiar with Microsoft Excel or has a willingness to use and learn more.
- Is keen to learn about technical software applications that MTS use
- An interest in understanding how things work and is keen to question and probe to gain further understanding (desirable)
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please click here to view more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS