CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Media CoordinatorLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 164627BR Apply Now
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The Media Coordinator plays a vital role in the editorial and technical aspects of video news production, balancing editorial savviness and technical know-how. This position coordinates and assigns editing tasks to the video editors, liaising with various departments throughout the CNN News Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for recording and routing feeds, quality monitoring and assessing editorial and technical components of video as well as researching, inputting and maintaining metadata pertinent to video. The Media Coordinators ingest, record and log incoming video and alert editorial production teams to the best audio and video elements available.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the various stakeholders throughout the CNN News Group to identify and produce interesting and relevant videos that can be incorporated into individual shows, multiple newscasts or online distribution and to ensure packages and other relevant cut material makes air.
- Handling video throughout the editing process, making sure it has the proper metadata and sourcing so that it can be decided what platform the video will appear on, and ensuring the content makes it on air or on digital in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that video is edited properly, representing events honestly and accurately within CNN Standards and Practice.
- Ensuring the DRE system works across the bureau and liaising with BCC, the editors and engineering when there is a problem that needs to be fixed.
- Helping our teams in the field to identify video needs, find appropriate material and either get it into edit production or move it to the team in the field so that they can use it.
- Staying abreast of CNN agreements with affiliates and other video organisations.
- Understanding of video/audio technical standards.
- Strong computer skills as most activities will be computer based.
- Good grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to handle pressurised situations.
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Knowledge of and interest in day-to-day news stories, and ability to recognise key news figures
- Good visual sense, good news judgement and confident working with potentially distressing video content and rolling news coverage.
- Knowledge of newsroom workflows and exposure to working in a team with video editors, control rooms, assignment desks, Producers, and Reporters.
- Knowledge of functions of taking in feeds, FTP and Video Server based systems.
- University educated or equivalent experience.
- Some knowledge of editing systems, Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS