Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
International Digital Technical ArchitectLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 168221BR Apply Now
The role will be based in the International Technology & Operations part of Turner International. Turner International operates versions of Turner brands including CNN, TNT and Cartoon Network across the globe, as well as digital-only brands. You will be part of a team responsible for growing Turner’s existing multi-platform suite of web and mobile products, and for driving innovation in the over-the-top (OTT) and direct-to-consumer (D2C) spaces.
Your primary responsibilities of the role will be to work closely with the Director, OTT Technology and other senior members of the team, to design and create innovative digital solutions and ensure that these are aligned with our internal team’s product roadmap and business objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in innovative solutions to problems using the latest technologies and platforms, in support of both client and internal business requirements
- Work with senior team members on contributing to the design and evolution of systems
- Providing deep digital technology expertise to support design and implementation work, including:
- application architecture design
- execution architecture design - infrastructure, network, DNS, cloud, CDN, monitoring, redundancy, failover
- development architecture design - build / deployment tools, automation
- Guide the build (by working with our solution architecture team) of secure web and mobile solutions – oversee code, testing and producing rapid prototypes
- Perform requirements analysis for the business
- Produce software technical documentation and oversee the quality of that produced by others in the team
- Help draft technical solutions before handing over to client, including production of test plans and guidance to other departments on test methodologies
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record and relevant experience as a solutions architect in the digital space, specifically app building
- Demonstrable experience of web, mobile and database development and have a genuine interest in development technologies
- Team leading experience and be able to communicate technical information to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Working both alongside and within teams using a variety of delivery methodologies, including Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and Waterfall
- Strong product, analytical and technology skills, complemented by a good understanding of content supply chain workflows in a video on-demand (VoD) environment
What’s on offer:
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Excitingly, we are moving to brand new offices in Old Street in Autumn 2019, close to Shoreditch and Hoxton, the move offers a fresh new working environment for all employees!
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS