You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Finance InternLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 157902BR Apply Now
CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 30 years. Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the U.S. and CNN International reaches more than 293 million households around the world.
Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism, including most recently the Asian Television Award Cable & Satellite Network and Channel of the Year, and is a two-time winner of Royal Television Society News Channel of the Year.
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) looks after the advertising and content sales for the channel.
As an intern for CNNIC, you will be an integral part of a team who provide financial and strategic support to the key stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment that will provide you with a great foundation for your future career.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist in set up of suppliers with HR and Procurement
- Assist with the coding of invoices for sales and content production team
- Management of internal and external stakeholders in relation to payment of invoices
- Assist with preparation of expense reports for content production team
- Assist in tracking and reconciling ad rep payments
- Assist in expense report completion for content production team
- Assist with budget reconciliation for content production team
- Assist with OOB spend projections
- Assist with liaising with Corporate Credit to request advertiser & agency number
- Assist with Special Billing Invoice Requests (SBI)
- Assist liaising with clients in relation to circulating invoices and following up on account payments
- Assist in ensuring internal reconciliations are maintained in relation to client invoices and account payments
- Work closely with the Regional Sales team and Content Production, Manager and Director to create a strong team ethic and culture.
- Foster relationships with Sales and Content Production team
- Studying an accounting/finance related degree and expected to achieve a 2:1 or above.
- Computer literate including Excel and Powerpoint
- Keen ability to prioritize
- Interest in the media industry
- Has an interest in learning new ways to do things in Excel