CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Head of Digital - CNN CreateLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 169342BR Apply Now
The Head of Digital will drive digital commercial content direction for CNN Create. The role will evolve our branded content solutions, be key to our tone of voice, mentor and manage digital, social and development teams and provide training and updates to the wider sales and content teams. The Head of Digital will also work closely with the editorial and commercial product teams and advertising operations to ensure that the Create branded content offering is aligned with the wider CNN International business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a team of editorial content creators/producers
- Work with developers to ensure development and deployment environments follows best practices (version control, repository management and live project structure once deployed to servers)
- Advise the design team on multiple digital/ux projects
- Ensure the team is fully briefed and trained on new technologies as introduced by the Ad operations and ad product teams from across the business.
- Guide the evolution of the Create team’s digital offerings, responding to wider commercial demands and identifying opportunities across the business ensuring best practice processes are implemented and followed throughout the team.
- Represent and promote the Create team at meetings with clients and suppliers
- Guide the strategy of Create commercial digital content globally
- Ensure best practice digital process across our offering
- Formulate relationships with existing partners and introduce new digital production solutions to improve and streamline our workflow
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working as and managing producers, designers, content writers on branded content campaigns
- Knowledge of current development and digital production best practices
- Excellent communication skills. As Head of Digital you must be able to explain technical requirements to non-technical individuals and work with clients and agencies
- Creative thinker – able to advise on the best way to tell stories
- Familiar with digital marketing best practices and presenting confidently to clients and suppliers
- Experience driving change and new strategies within a digital marketing environment
- Design, copywriting and pitch materials preparation
What’s on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing programs and events. At Turner, we recognise that how and when we work best varies from person to person - Talk to us about how flexible working can work for you at Turner!
We are currently based in Soho, however we moving to brand new offices in Old Street in Summer 2019.
To find out how Turner gives back to the communities we work in, take a look here
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS