WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Desktop Support TechnicianLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 177069BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
The Desktop Technician supports the core end user IT equipment and productivity software. The role is responsible for a wide variety of support and activities. These include providing support for escalations for end user mobile and desktop Operating Systems (OS) and hardware, virtual and physical desktop environments, desktop applications and other standard enterprise solutions. In addition, the technician acts as a subject matter expert on Client Technologies and as a resource for junior technicians and works closely with Desktop Engineering and the Director of Client Support on improvement initiatives and project planning. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of desktop software and hardware
- Installing, configuring and deploying desktop hardware and software, including virtual environments
- Supporting day-to-day operational and support activities of the desktop computing, desktop, laptop, workstations and end user support services
- Troubleshooting desktop software and hardware failures and identifies related network problems
- Investigating complex problems by contacting vendors or other technical sources to resolve incidents and develop solutions
- Coordinating end user installations, configurations and deployment of desktop software/hardware and other standard enterprise end user technology products
- Providing a high level of executive support including meeting support
- Working alongside other WBT support teams to assist users
- Ownership of complex issues – working alongside Infrastructure and Application teams to troubleshoot and resolve
- Working alongside Client Support Director and engineering teams on planning deskside project work.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in a technical support role performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of infrastructure technology, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience training, mentoring or supervising junior staff members
- Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to mobile devices, telephony, laptops, workstations, desktops, virtual and physical environments and other end user technology
- Extensive experience related to problem resolution
- Ability to analyse existing operations to improve and grow the Client Technologies operating environment
- Excellent Customer Services skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail.
Bonus points for?
- A+ certification
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS