Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
CounselLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 165338BR Apply Now
The ideal candidate will be a qualified UK solicitor who has experience working in a law firm or commercial legal environment. They should be commercially-minded, pragmatic and pro-active with excellent communication and contract analysis skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drafting contracts, reviewing and negotiating contracts for the distribution of Turner’s channels and services (including via online and digital platforms) and licensing of Turner content across EMEA.
- Supporting the Assistant Regional Counsel and working autonomously on contracts directly with internal clients, customers and suppliers across EMEA.
- Liaising with the various internal clients to obtain instructions and draft agreements.
- Negotiating, concluding and then tracking agreements at various stages of development, as well as drafting other related documentation such as amendments and deal memos.
- Providing support to the legal team on the management of agreements and rights related issues.
- Tracking rights, checking rights availability and providing accurate legal rights clearance advice in response to queries from internal clients.
- Assisting with contract reviews and preparing and/or updating template documents.
- Assisting with putting in place legal processes and keeping the business informed of the same and provide general legal support.
- Reading up on the latest legal developments, industry opinion, attending seminars and proactively educating clients on development in the law or practice which could impact them and assisting on various compliance programmes.
- Discussions with assistant regional counsel concerning progress on matters they are handling and assisting on and reviewing drafts/notes of advice prepared by them.
What we’re looking for:
- Qualification as a UK solicitor.
- Experience working in a law firm or commercial in-house environment.
- Experience in working on commercial agreements under English law.
- Excellent contract analysis and drafting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with a large and varied work load
- Critical thinker.
- Ability to embrace innovative new business models and new ways of working and to adapt contract structures accordingly.
- Intellectual property, television distribution or programme rights acquisition experience.
- Ability to communicate in a European language in addition to English.
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll receive 23 days holiday per year and we'll also give you 2 additional days leave for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Closing date: Friday 31st August
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS