Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Content Delivery LeadLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 167232BR Apply Now
Platform Operations is responsible for the fulfilment of content delivery to Turner’s affiliate platforms, syndication partners and digital consumers across the EMEA region. The role provides ongoing technical guidance and support to the delivery team responsible for content delivery to Turner affiliates/service providers. Working with key people across Technology, Operations and the wider business there is a requirement to drive operational solutions within a technical environment, test and roll out new workflows and partner with the Technical teams to provide the best service to the business and our partners.
Please note that this role is a fixed-term six month position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Point of contact for onboarding new platforms across linear, Syndication, Digital, ensuring technical delivery specification is understood and that internal workflows and systems are set up
- Leading the Content Delivery Coordinators in the day to day delivery of content across EMEA
- Supporting the team by providing technical expertise, as well as mentoring and coaching
- Identifying opportunities for improvements both at a system and operational level, providing advice/support on technical fixes
- Liaison between Operations and Technical teams (internal and external) to ensure technical issues and fixes are managed, tracked and communicated and escalated as appropriate
- Responsible for data mapping, system configuration and ongoing system management ensuring a reliable user experience across Turner systems
- Working closely with Operations and Programming teams to plan content fulfilment with awareness of high profile or tight turnaround content to ensure priority processing
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working within a broadcast operations environment, ideally experience with SVOD platforms
- Keen attitude towards innovation, investigation and automation
- People skills required to mentor and drive a team
- Knowledge of file-based workflows, workflow implementation, MAM workflows, transcode engines, profiles, frame rate conversion, data mapping
- Self-Management: Self-sufficient and organised, flexible, ability to prioritise appropriately
What’s on offer:
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Excitingly, we are moving to brand new offices in Old Street in Autumn 2019, close to Shoreditch and Hoxton, the move offers a fresh new working environment for all employees!
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS