Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Legal Counsel - Consumer & TechnologyLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 165018BR Apply Now
The successful candidate will have excellent legal drafting and analytical skills, along with experience in providing legal advice, particularly in a digital services sector with a focus on consumer protection. A prior knowledge of digital AdTech and direct to consumer services, as well as GDPR legislation will also be essential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the CNNIC division internationally, including broadcast and non-broadcast advertising.
- Supporting all ongoing legal and commercial aspects of on-air and digital AdSales activities and marketing of CNNIC, including TV sales, sponsorship, digital sales and barter deals. Drafting and negotiating news content sales and syndication of factual programmes
- Setting up and managing AdTech vendors to support CNNI and Turner digital sales.
- Advising on regulatory implications of commercial deals including Ofcom and ASA regulations.
- Working closely with operations, sales and security departments on the implementation of new AdTech vendors.
- Primary responsibility for advising on consumer protection law and implementation of consumer terms and conditions.
- Advising on direct to consumer propositions from initial concept to launch.
- Supporting the business of commercial and contractual technology and operations, with an emphasis on the direct to consumer and other consumer facing businesses, websites and apps.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of commercial contracts, and providing legal support to other areas of the business when necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Some experience as a qualified UK solicitor or equivalent in non- UK jurisdiction.
- A background in legal advice, particularly in a technology, digital services or telecom sector
- A strong understanding of digital AdTech, the digital AdSales environment, direct to consumer services and consumer protection law in the EU for digital products and services.
- An understanding of GDPR in the context of digital advertising, marketing and direct to consumer services.
- Experience gained in private practice or in-house team including drafting and negotiation commercial contracts and consumer law.
- Excellent Legal drafting and analytical skills with the ability to work autonomously with a business-oriented proactive disposition.
- Strong knowledge of relevant UK and EU legislation relevant to digital advertising and direct to consumer digital businesses.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage a heavy workload.
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday a year and we’ll also give you 2 additional days leave for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS