Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Business Intelligence ManagerLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 160116BR Apply Now
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
About Digital Ventures & Innovation, International
Digital Ventures & Innovation (DV&I), is part of Turner International. Turner International operates versions of Turner brands including CNN, TNT and Cartoon Network across the world, whilst also focusing on digital-only brands. DV&I drives innovation, develops new revenue streams and is responsible for managing and growing Turner’s existing multi-platform suite of international products and services on the web, for smart phones, games, apps and OTT. It develops new digital direct-to-consumer businesses and consumer-centric products. The group is also charged with identifying new opportunities for Turner through technological product innovation and acquisitions.
The Business Intelligence Manager for EMEA delivers technology solutions that are the eyes of Turner International’s business with fast and trusted decision support. Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the role will be responsible for delivering analytics and reporting capabilities to business partners within EMEA that includes a focus on consistency, scale and operational excellence. This role supports the change into real time analytics capabilities and evolve the analytics systems to provide fast, “self-serve” and “real-time” information and predictive insights.The role develops and delivers BI and analytic solutions, while leveraging cloud infrastructure. The role requires a strong statistical background, and expert knowledge of data visualisation tools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Acting as an internal analytics consultant, partnering with key stakeholder groups within Turner’s EMEA business to create analytics solutions, manage/improve existing solutions and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proactively collaborating with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts to create best practices and deliver consistent data, reporting and insights across the Turner Data Cloud International.
- Being a change agent within the organisation and building a collaborative community that leverages data to support business strategies and objectives.
- Actively participating in and influencing discussions around reporting requirements, visualisation and data design.
- Prioritising team workload for maximum impact and efficiency of use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Maths, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering. or six or more years of work experience.
- Extensive experience using data visualisation tools. Ideally, Tableau or Looker.
- Business or technical consulting experience.
Behaviour/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
- Strong team leader and collaborator with excellent business acumen
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines
- Must have a process improvement mindset with a desire to consistently look for improvement opportunities
- Consulting mindset with the ability to deliver solutions to the user community
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who is goal-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and able to perform multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- 6+ years of related experience and 2+ years of managerial experience
- Expert requirements gathering skills
- Proven experience solving complex business issues through data-related tools
- Strong strategic thinking, prioritization, and problem solving skills in ambiguous and changing environments
- 6+ plus years of Business Intelligence experience
- Expert knowledge of enterprise database tools and ecosystems
- Experience working with source systems, ETL tools and SQL processes to understand/build/debug the sources of visualisation data
- Expert level understanding of data architecture with demonstrated experience in bridging business requirement and technical development.
- Experience in working with large complex data systems to aggregate, organize, and preparing data for use in business analysis. Knowledge of data tools, such as SQL, Hive, Presto, etc.