Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Business Intelligence EngineerLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 159903BR Apply Now
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
The Business Intelligence Engineer of Turner Data Cloud will be responsible for partnering with Turner EMEA stakeholders to onboard and optimize datasets which will be used in Tableau and Looker digital analytics platforms. To be successful in the role you’ll need to be intellectually curious, detail-oriented, open to new ideas, and possess a strong aptitude for quantitative methods. The role requires a strong statistical background, familiarity with modern data warehouses, experience with SQL-like tools, and knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., python). Experience with predictive modeling or machine learning a plus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Thorough understanding of Turner’s business, ad tech, and data
- Creating solutions to transform data from various sources and load it into platforms such as Hadoop to create a data lake
- Creating and maintaining transformations to summarize/aggregate data and load these so users can consume this data using various BI/Analytics tools.
- Developing and maintaining standards for administration and operation including the scheduling, running, monitoring, logging, management of errors, recovery from failures, and validation of outputs.
- Contributing to the project planning process by estimating tasks and deliverables.
- Working closely with EMEA stakeholders to understand user requirements.
- Being at the cutting edge of utilizing data about consumers in the media industry to improve audience experience.
- Helping out with complex analytical tasks.
- 4+ years solid experience as a database developer in OLAP environment.
- BS in computer science, math, physics or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Expert knowledge in SQL; knowledge of HiveQL, SparkQL, Postgress SQL a plus
- Self-starter, team oriented and very analytical
- Experience with “big data” platform such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs or cloud based tools such as Amazon Redshift.
- Experience and comfortable with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Expert in Python, Shell, Awk, Ruby, and/or Java programming
- Experience working with statistical or machine learning packages (R, Python Scikit-learn)
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Preference for prior technology or media company experience
- Ability to partner with various teams (non-technical to technical)
- Specific application experience with media, Web analytics and consumer data systems will be a plus
- Knowledge of HiveQL, SparkQL, Postgress SQL would be idea
Less fear. More fun. All in.