Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Associate CounselLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 166288BR Apply Now
What you’ll be doing:
- Drafting and reviewing programming licences for the acquisition of programming Turner channels and services across EMEA.
- Liaising with the various internal clients to obtain instructions and draft programming licences;
- reviewing programming licences and liaising with the third party licensors;
- negotiating, concluding and then tracking licences at various stages of development;
- drafting other programming related documentation such as amendments, directions to pay, NDAs, deal memos/heads of term, side letters…)
- Providing support to the Programming Counsel on the management of programming agreements and rights related issues as and when required;
- Tracking agreements across the various EMEA territories and maintaining trackers;
- Tracking rights, checking rights availability and providing accurate legal rights clearance advice in response to queries from internal clients
- Assisting with contract reviews and preparing and/or updating template documents;
- Some experience in programme rights acquisition and/or licensing, either from private practice or in-house (at an in house in television, digital service, production company or content distributor).
- Able to understand the contracting process, the legal issues and the rights involved in programme acquisitions.
- Demonstrable experience in digital and on-demand rights.
- Strong contract drafting skills
- Qualification as a UK solicitor
- Ability to communicate in a European language in addition to English
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS