Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Account Manager - Bleacher Report FootballLocation United Kingdom - London Job ID 161519BR Apply Now
Bleacher Report football has evolved into a ‘digital powerhouse’ over the last 3 years, leading a sports revolution for engagement in social media by igniting the power of sports culture to make moments that matter. A part of Turner Sports since August 2012, B/R football still operates as a vibrant start-up; disrupting, rethinking & redefining brand-new experiences in the social space by embracing the cultural creativity sport provokes through the conversations of millions of fans around the world.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime for a sophisticated, ambitious and driven sales professional who can demonstrate a passion for sport, social content & creative innovation to empower the B/R journey in its charge to become the number 1 emerging digital sports brand in the mobile & social media landscape. The candidate must be a highly competent sales professional, with a proven track record of delivering budgets with a high level of energy, drive, self-motivation, strong work ethic and above all a passion for delivering best in class solutions for the brand and the industry as a whole.
This exciting role will require a highly competent digital sales leader to pioneer our sophisticated content marketing solutions for brand partnerships across the B/R Football market leading social feeds in the EMEA region. Reporting to the International Commercial Director and managing the Sales Planner, the Account Manager’s key objective is to meet & exceed monthly and quarterly revenue goals.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Revenue - Generate and increase revenue developing sophisticated cross platform content marketing brand partnerships in all regions outside US and CA – Prospecting the business from existing clients & sourcing new clients by driving initiatives for success in a fast paced and dynamic market
- Strategy - Identify and prioritize verticals, sectors, industries & markets to develop growth – in order to meet and exceed set targets in line with the strategic goals of the International Commercial Director
- External Relationships - Meet go-to-market meeting targets, to increase brand awareness of the B/R Football proposition & win briefs with identified & prescribed clients and agencies
- Internal Relationships - Forge successful internal relationships (US and UK) to produce and manage proposals with internal departments; social, video, editorial, product, marketing & research
- Contribute to month/quarterly management reports for distribution to key executives
- Manage and develop the Sales Planner & grow team organically in line with department targets
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and significant experience in digital sales, proven track of acquiring new business and building and maintaining client relationships across social, digital media & sport marketing verticals.
- Strategic yet creative thinker and able to bring concepts to reality.
- Strong written and verbal communications & key negotiation skills
- Highly computer literate
- Strong numeracy
- Active Black Book of clients & agencies + a demonstrable experience in delivering targets and generating sales
- Leadership skills – managing team members (up and down)
- Industry awareness – specific to digital, social & video commercialisation and sports sponsorship & marketing
- Communications – must be able to communicate clearly to both team and clients but also internally
- Good analytic skills - market trends, research from the region and competitor activity