Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Security ManagerLocation United Kingdom - Leavesden Job ID 173803BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200-acre secure site has a half a million square feet of stage space, a back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and a 100 acre back-lot. It also owns Set-Lighting and Rigging - a rentals division, WB De Lane Lea - a post-production facility and Leavesden Park - a contemporary office complex. It is the only Hollywood owned studio of its calibre to be operated in the UK.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 12 million visitors since opening in 2012 and has received over 40,000 reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’. Since launching, additions to the Tour include Platform 9 ¾ featuring the original Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest and Gringotts Wizarding Bank.
Due to constant growth and expansion, we are now seeking aSecurity Manager tomanage the physical security at WBSL. Do you have experience of managing a security service, either as an in-house service or with an outsourced provider or have experience of managing the security at large public events? If so then we want to hear from you.
Primary Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the management of the security contract, currently with Wilson James, the ownership of all control room activity including policies and procedures together with the provision of expert advice and guidance.
The role holder will be providing both strategic and operational advice to WBSL managers at all levels; develop security operations in conjunction with the contracted security service provider.
To affect change leading towards an enhanced security aware culture throughout the Tour; helping to offer a welcoming and safe environment for its visitors.
- To manage the security service provision effectively and in line with contractual standards / requirements and provide operational leadership.
- Via effective contract management, ensure that the Security department is operational and staffed with both management and operational staffs on site 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Organise and participate in an 'out of hours’ emergency call out system as required.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Emergency, Crisis Management and Business Interruption plans as required. This to include conducting specific duties assigned to the post during an emergency or crisis.
- Liaison, on a regular basis with the Police and other agencies as appropriate.
- Responsibility for undertaking or supervising investigations, this may be into Crime, Health and Safety or supporting the HR team with internal investigations, this may include fraud, loss, damage or other incidents affecting WBSL property, visitors or staff, and put forward appropriate recommendations for required action and implement as necessary thereafter.
- Assume responsibility for monitoring awareness of the level of security threat to the operational environment, and its potential impact on operations, with the aim of implementing relevant measures, and embedding necessary behaviours, to mitigate such threat.
- Develop and/or approve security plans for projects such as new developments, temporary exhibitions, or temporary structures.
- Deputise for the Director Studio Protection & Safety as required.
To exceed expectations, our preferred candidate will have …
- Experience of managing a security service, either as an in-house service or with an outsourced provider or to have experience of managing the security at large public events.
- Experience of working in a senior security management role, ideally within a high-profile large visitor attraction or similar environment.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, assets and buildings.
- Knowledge of relevant Laws, CCTV Codes of Practice, GDPR and relevant powers.
- Proven knowledge of contract and budget management.
- Proven knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation, risk management, project management, stakeholder engagement principals.
- Experience of event security.
- Excellent investigative and analytical techniques.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to a diverse range of audiences.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence, develop and motivate others.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and use Risk Management and Business Continuity procedures.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to organise effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate and lead a team of security guards and supervisors.
- Must be able to plan, assign and direct the work of subordinate employees engaged in various aspects of fire, emergency services, and security operations.
- Degree or equivalent or proven operational experience.
- Membership of a relevant Professional Security Institution / body or have a pending application.
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS