Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
DevOps Security Engineer, iStream PlanetLocation Las Vegas, United States Job ID 159422BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The DevOps Security Engineer will be dedicated to drive web application security and secure DevOps processes throughout Turner's technology organization. This team will establish secure coding practices used by development teams across the company. This position is critical to establishing and maintaining secure systems while simultaneously promoting a culture of rapid and reliable software across the company. The team will be deployed throughout various development and operations teams throughout Turner and its subsidiaries.
What will you be doing?
You will be a part of a bleeding edge cloud and web application security team which enables the agile development of secure and reliable applications.
- Collaborate with network infrastructure leaders to ensure switched, routed, load-balanced, and multicast configurations adhere to security best practices
- Collaborate with software development leaders to establish metrics that demonstrate security proficiency across all major development teams
- Collaborate with IT/Operations to establish policies and processes that will secure and protect the company assets and data
- Identify potential threat vectors in software applications, network infrastructure, and cloud architecture that could be used by attackers and cause disruption or a potential data breach
- Collaborate with other Information Security Office team members to ensure all software vulnerabilities are tracked, remediated and retested
- Assist in development of automated test scripts which are incorporated into the software development lifecycle and are effective at identifying potential software and configuration vulnerabilities
- Assist in the development of automated utilities which can be leveraged to identify cloud vulnerabilities
- Ensure processes associated with application security and cloud security of key systems are documented, maintained, and archived
What do we require from you?
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- DevOps and/or cloud architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure) experience
- Proficient with common attack tools such as Burp Suite, Social Engineer Toolkit, Metasploit, Nmap, and Nessus
- Experience designing and/or configuring network infrastructure technologies
- Experience with Static Application Security Testing methodologies and tools
- Experience with Dynamic Application Security Testing methodologies and tools
- Preferred experience with Configuration Management Tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible
- Preferred experience with monitoring tools like SolarWinds, ExtraHop, Thousand Eyes and Nagios
- Preferred experience with scripting languages such as Python or BASH
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications such as CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, GWEB/GWAPT, and GPEN preferred
- Experience with attack and penetration testing or relevant security experience preferred
- Candidate should have knowledge of system and network configuration for multiple operating systems a plus
- Experience in broadcasting or video streaming a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.