Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Senior Artist/Animator, OutsourcingLocation Kirkland, Washington, United States Job ID 171251BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Games seeks a Senior Artist/Animator, Outsourcing for the Art department. The Senior Outsource Artist, Animator is responsible for working with external outsource partners in creation and integration of Game Animation Art content. This person will work closely with the Art Lead of Animation and the Director of Art to ensure the aesthetic quality is kept at the highest bar across all content creation. The individual will prepare tasks, review assets, provide feedback, integrate content for use in game, and refine assets as needed. The Senior Outsource Artist, Animator will be well versed in industry best practices, industry standard art tools, and will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external teams in the completion of high quality animation content. This person is responsible for creating high quality in game animations when needed as well as assisting and directing on site motion capture sessions as necessary.
- Work closely with Animation, Art, and Design to understand gameplay goals and constraints to execute and provide high quality animation content.
- Prepare tasks and documentation for external outsource partners.
- Review content to ensure consistency and highest level quality of content is delivered to the development team. Provide detailed written, visual and/or verbal artistic and technical feedback to the vendor. Put final touches on, and refine content as necessary for integration into the game.
- Create high quality animation content for game as needed.
- Integrate content for use in game.
- Identify and research possible vendors.
What do we require from you?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years experience in the industry.
- At least 3 published games preferably with at least one Xbox One or PS4 title.
- At least 1 published game while working in a similar role.
- Experience with AAA open world game development a plus.
- At least 5+ years’ experience with industry standard 3D package (3DS Max, Maya, Motion Builder) – Proficiency in Maya is a requirement. Experience in Motion Builder and 3ds Max is a bonus.
- Highly experienced and proficient in managing outsourcing partners towards the creation of high quality Animation Art assets that meet game constraints and technical requirements.
- Ability to level up animation ability of 3rd party Vendors through clear and consistent teaching.
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to clearly articulate ideas both written and verbally.
- Exceptional self-management and can accurately predict and adhere to task length estimates and deadlines.
- Extremely organized, demonstrates adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Excellent understanding of animation pipelines developing and working with motion capture.
- Strong understanding of animation fundamentals. Action and acting animation experience and skills demonstrated with both biped and quadrupeds.
- Must be able to embrace the established art vision of the game and ensure it is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing direction with an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the animation art creation and outsource pipelines.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Exhibits a positive, professional, team-oriented attitude.
- Experience with Shotgun and/or Jira a plus.
- Portfolio/website/reel demonstrating fundamental foundation animation skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS